RI and Cryotherm have teamed up to make RI’s renowned cryocooler systems even better.
The newly updated version of the cryocooler is the result of joint R&D and was developed in
close cooperation with ESRF, Grenoble, where it is currently being installed and tested and
will be running continuously.
The RI cryocooler systems are renowned for superior pressure stability, easy handling, and
user-friendly operation. More than 170 systems of the predecessor version were installed at
synchrotrons world-wide over the past 15 years. Our highly satisfied customers include
ALBA, ANL, ANSTO, BESSY, BNL, CLS, DLS, Elettra, ESRF, DESY/ PETRA-III, BSRF/IHEP, LNLS,
PAL, SINAP, SLAC, SOLEIL, and SSRF.
The RI cryocoolers are multi-purpose, custom- tailored, and have been optimized for LN2
cooled double crystal monochromators. They are designed for stand-alone operation with
fully automated controls and safety interlocks and are delivered ready for operation.
What‘s new in the updated systems?
- Ultra-high-pressure stability now at < 1 mbar
- Advanced measuring resolution (T, p, Flow)
- All set valves equipped with individual limit switches
- Optimized automated procedures
- Additional LN2 reservoir heater for a complete and automated system warm-up